Friday, March 29, 2019

Order of Service, March 31, 2019

A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY


Prelude: Lift Your Weary Eyes (P. Blatt)

Welcome

Lighting the Chalice Flame: Come, Come, Whoever You Are
Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving.
Ours is no caravan of despair.
Come, yet again come.

Affirmation
Love is the spirit of this Congregation and service is its law. This is our great covenant to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love and to help one another. 

Hymn: Stand By Me (B. King, J. Leiber & M. Stoller) 
When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me
If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me (x2)
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me
Oh stand by me, won't you stand by me

Moment of Silence & Candle Lighting

Religious Education Class: Go now in peace, go now in peace; may the spirit of love surround you everywhere, everywhere you may go.

Announcements

Offertory: His Eyes Are On The Sparrow (D. Martin) 

Sermon: A Spiritual Journey, Harry Wolin

Hymn: There is a River Flowing in My Soul 
There is a river flowing in my soul (x2)
And it’s telling me that I’m somebody
There is a river flowing in my soul
There is a river flowing in my mind (x2)
And it’s telling me that I’m somebody
There is a river flowing in my mind
There is a river flowing in my heart (x2)
There is a river flowing in my heart(x2) 
And it’s telling me that I’m somebody
There is a river flowing in my heart 

Extinguishing the Chalice FlameWe extinguish this flame, but not the light of truth, the warmth of community, or the fire of commitment. These we carry in our hearts until we are together again.      

Postlude: Just a Closer Walk With Thee (Traditional)

Benediction
Hearing devices are available. Just ask an usher.
We live stream each service on YouTube. You can find the video for today and past Sundays by going to YouTube.com and searching for 1stUUPB.

Gratitude
Thank you to all who make our Sundays special: 
Kim Hetrick: Office Administrator
Peilin Ko: Music Coordinator   
Willie Nelson: Sexton   
David Traupman: Cover Art 
Diane Curry:  RE Volunteer
Sam Irwin, Amy Stauber & Diana Colardi: Fellowship Hour Hospitality  
Steve Pock & Ameer Tohamy: Ushers

Connect With Us
Call our office: 561-627-6105 
Email the office: admin@1stuupb.org  
Rev. Dan’s e-mail: RevDan@1stuupb.org. 
Call or text Rev. Dan: 561-628-6954 Visit our web page: 1stuupb.org 
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/1stuupb

Office Hours
Our office is open Monday–Friday, 9:30–12:30, except for holidays.
Rev. Dan is available for pastoral care or just to chat almost any time during the week. He & Tess have covenanted with each other to make Friday a sacred day off for both of them, so he will not be available most Fridays unless there is an emergency.
SPECIAL NOTE: Rev. Dan will be on vacation until April 1st. If you have an emergency, please contact either Paul Ward or Harry Wolin. Let’s just agree to postpone emergencies until Rev. Dan returns on April 1. 

Volunteer Opportunities
As our Congregation grows, we have several opportunities to get involved by volunteering your time. Today, and for the next few Sundays, we have forms available for you to indicate opportunities might interest you. 
We could use your help in these areas:
Be a greeter or usher
Play an instrument or sing
Share about your Social Justice passion
Bring snacks for Social Hour
Serve on a committee
Help with organizing activities
Join a small group
Help with tracking our finances
Serve on the new Right Relationship Team (Mediates interpersonal conflicts within the Congregation)
Help with landscaping
Audio/Visual Team
Bring food for special occasions
Photography
Web Site or Social Media
And so much more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Script for Online Service

Sample script for Sunday service online The following is a suggested script for your use online. It is not set in stone. You may use all ...